Welcome to the South African Petroleum Industry Association website. SAPIA is a trade organisation representing the main petroleum and liquefied petroleum gas companies in South Africa.
SAPIA plays a strategic role in addressing a range of common issues relating to the refining, distribution and marketing of petroleum and LPG products, as well as promoting the industry’s environmental and socio-economic progress. SAPIA fulfills this role by proactively engaging with key stakeholders, providing research information, expert advice and communicating the industry’s views to government, members of the public and media.
Our key priorities are as follows:
• Promote industry transformation and skills development.
• Facilitate the security of supply of petroleum products.
• Promote health, safety, security and environment within the industry.
• Provide input into the development of climate change policy and regulations including that pertaining to the monitoring, measuring and reporting of GHG emissions.
• Make the transition to cleaner fuels in a manner that avoids any supply disruptions in the most cost-effective way possible.
• Contribute to policy formulation, implementation and a fair regulatory framework for all.